Hi, it’s Patrik Hutzel from INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM, where we instantly improve the lives for Families of critically ill Patients in Intensive Care, so that you can make informed decisions, have peace of mind, real power, real control and so that you can influence decision making fast, even if you’re not a doctor or a nurse in Intensive Care!
In the last BLOG I talked about PART 3 of
You can check out last week’s BLOG by clicking on the link here.
In this week’s blog I want to share with you some feedback from a client
My Mom died in ICU after a heart attack, I think she could have survived, but my sister and the hospital didn’t want her to live!
I had spoke with you and purchased some info(Ebook) while my mom was in ICU last October. I wasn’t able to purchase your unlimited 1:1 counselling, consulting and advocacy service where you talk with the Dr’s with our family etc mainly because I had my family that wasn’t on my side. (That’s another dark story)
I have been following your emails etc and felt to share with you what happened in our situation in case it might help you, help others.
My mom went to ER with pain where they found 2 blocked arteries that they were in the process of fixing when she coded in the cath lab after she had a massive heart attack! She was without oxygen maybe 5 mins where they were able to bring her back and put a balloon pump(IABP) in, sedated her and tube down throat. Otherwise she was healthy and was on no meds etc prior. This was day 1.
By day 5 she is off all and I mean all meds and the balloon pump(IABP) out. Kidneys fine, heart fine, blood pressure fine.
Literally all her vitals were great but she hadn’t woke up yet from the induced coma as she had just stopped Fentanyl and other meds keeping her in the medically induced coma.
Day 6 …8:30 am Cat Scan results had been given (Note: No EEG results on this day only Cat Scan) and all we heard was she was a vegetable, massive stroke damage; never walk out of here; quality of life etc, etc. (I probably called you this day knowing the game they were playing)
By 3pm that same day my mom wakes for the first time, tears streaming from her eyes and coughing and gagging as it appeared she realized that a breathing tube(endotracheal tube) down her throat and was freaking a bit as she was extremely claustrophobic.
We talked her down to calm her and told her where she was etc and she was back asleep after about 10 mins. She woke more and more and tracked and moved hands and fingers increasingly the days after. But these days after were absolute hell for me because I wasn’t only fighting off the Hospital staff from murdering my mom but unfortunately my own sister as well ($$)
Day 8 or 9: I had a Neurologist come in from xxxxxx who graciously came to see my mom and gave me a 2nd opinion that this Hospital tried talking me out of!! Still no EEG results but she did see the Cat Scans.
She said, “she saw no stroke damage and as a matter of fact it looked like a normal brain to me.”
Her colleague agreed. Her colleague explained they really needed to see the EEG results as that is what would show brain activity. They also asked when this EEG was done as if done while she was sedated it wouldn’t be accurate.
They suggested a second EEG be done and they would like to see that. They also suggested that she be weaned from the breathing machine as she was breathing on her own and over the machine but needed weaning. They also didn’t understand why it wasn’t already being done. These two doctors gave their suggestions and everyone agreed this would be done.
The very next day I’m being shown a POLST Form(http://polst.org/) that my mom had allegedly signed one month prior. That paper was forged by my sister (another story) but this is where I went to court and got an emergency temp conservatorship over my mom. I got it on a Friday and it expired the following Tuesday.
So here I had temp conservatorship and mom was full care.
Patrik, the amount of meds they gave her by Friday evening was sickening! 3 different antibiotics; Lasix, morphine and dilantin(Phenytoine) heart medicine(inotropes/vasopressors) and of course the food and water.
I didn’t know it was happening while it was being done as they purposefully didn’t tell me. You have to understand I was trying to oversee my mom while at the same time deal with the legal end.
I couldn’t be two places at once. They still weren’t weaning her as they said it’s too dangerous and she’s full care and it’s being litigated!! All BS!!!! I tried having her removed from that Hospital but they stopped that and etc, etc.
They had an excuse for everything. If I had the money I would have called you to help me at this point as my lack of knowledge they took full advantage of!!
She didn’t need any of those meds and I belief we’re giving her so that to compromise her system and inhibit her breathing.
At this point they knew I knew they lied about the Cat Scans and her results and they needed her gone as she was a liability to the hospital and the ICU.
I have all her records if you would like to see them. I do know they disappear info whenever they want so who knows if records accurate. (A second EEG was ordered but when they came inside room to do and hook her up, 5 mins later they are gone out of my mom’s room and the order never existed after that and no explanation why it was cancelled.) I found out later my sister did that. It’s just all evil.
I lost control on the 19 day and my sister had the plug pulled. She was breathing on her own but then my sister had them give her morphine and she stopped breathing within 5 mins.
They used the power of the POLST Form. Nobody in their right mind who understands the nature of that form would give control to the Dr’s rather than their family! People don’t know what they are signing. The euthanasia group are behind those forms!!
Although our story didn’t end well and my mom unnecessarily died, I hope our story could help make others aware what the hospitals are doing because of money and greed.
Thank you for all you do Patrik. Keep doing what you’re doing.
I’m very sorry to hear the situation that you went through with your mother in ICU, which ultimately led to hear tragic death.
Reading my free blog is great and looking into our Ebooks gives you great advice too!
Both the free blog and the Ebooks will give you all the answers and advice you are looking for, if you are prepared to spend the time that it takes to read and digest the information that is freely and readily available.
However, it is by no means a substitute of engaging my unlimited 1:1 counselling, consulting and advocacy service!
Talking to me 1:1 is really the shortcut and gives you the results you want need and deserve very quickly.
With my insider knowledge of having worked in Intensive Care for nearly 20 years in three different countries, where I literally worked with thousands of critically ill Patients and their families and where I also worked as a nurse unit manager in Intensive Care for over 5 years, will literally give you an unfair advantage because I know the system and Intensive Care so well.
With my 1:1 advice, counselling, consulting and advocacy service you will get results very quickly and my hundreds of case studies have proven this.
Can I save lives?
I probably can’t in all situations even though I have helped saving lives for many of my clients who had loved ones in Intensive Care at the brink of dying over and over again.
I would never promise that I can save lives but I can at the bare minimum help you ask the right questions, buy your loved one critical time by negotiating and positioning your loved one’s care and treatment so that you will get the best care and best treatment for your loved one! That’s my specialist skill.
Asking the right questions, knowing all the fine details in Intensive Care that matter, including negotiating and talking to Intensive Care teams as a health professional and advocate will give you the results that you want, need and deserve.
I would have strictly advised against POLST, as POLST is just helping hospitals and Intensive Care Units manage their beds and their Patient flow. It’s not really designed to help Patients or families.
I can’t comment on any family dynamics, but I will suggest you have a look at these articles and videos here for further reading
- THE 7 THINGS FAMILIES DO WHO MAKE INFORMED DECISIONS HAVE PEACE OF MIND, ARE IN CONTROL, HAVE POWER AND HAVE INFLUENCE, WHILST THEIR LOVED ONE IS CRITICALLY ILL IN INTENSIVE CARE (PART 1)
- THE 7 THINGS FAMILIES DO WHO MAKE INFORMED DECISIONS HAVE PEACE OF MIND, ARE IN CONTROL, HAVE POWER AND HAVE INFLUENCE, WHILST THEIR LOVED ONE IS CRITICALLY ILL IN INTENSIVE CARE (PART 2)
Even if you are dealing with obstructive family members in such a life or death situation, you still want to engage my 1:1 unlimited clinical consultant and advocacy services because you still want to make informed decisions, get peace of mind, control, power and influence and increase and maximize the chances for your mum, dad, spouse, sister, brother etc…
I’m glad to hear that you have access to the medical records and me and my team can help you to review the medical records in order to find out what exactly happened and if you can file a medical negligence or a medical malpractice claim.
How can you become the best advocate for your critically ill loved one, make informed decisions, get PEACE OF MIND, control, power and influence quickly, whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care?
You get to that all important feeling of making informed decisions, get PEACE OF MIND, CONTROL, POWER AND INFLUENCE when you download your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” report NOW by entering your email below!
In Your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” report you’ll learn quickly how to make informed decisions, get PEACE OF MIND, real power and real control and how you can influence decision making fast, whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care! Your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” Report gives you in-depth insight that you must know whilst your loved one is critically ill or is even dying in Intensive Care! Sign up and download your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” REPORT now by entering your email below!
In your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” REPORT you’ll learn how to speak the “secret” Intensive Care language so that the doctors and the nurses know straight away that you are an insider and that you know and understand what’s really happening in Intensive Care!
In your FREE report you’ll also discover
- How to ask the doctors and the nurses the right questions
- Discover the many competing interests in Intensive Care and how your critically ill loved one’s treatment may depend on those competing interests
- How to eliminate fear, frustration, stress, struggle and vulnerability even if your loved one is dying
- 5 mind blowing tips& strategies helping you to get on the right path to making informed decisions, get PEACE OF MIND, control, power and influence in your situation
- You’ll get real world examples that you can easily adapt to your and your critically ill loved one’s situation
- How to stop being intimidated by the Intensive Care team and how you will be seen as equals
- You’ll get crucial ‘behind the scenes’ insight so that you know and understand what is really happening in Intensive Care
- How you need to manage doctors and nurses in Intensive Care (it’s not what you think)
Thank you for tuning into this week’s BLOG and I’ll see you again in another update next week!
Or you can call us! Find phone numbers on our contact tab.
Also check out our Ebook section where you get more Ebooks, Videos and Audio recordings and where you can also get 1:1 counselling with me via Skype or over the phone and via email by clicking on the email and phone counselling tabs on the top of the website!
This is Patrik Hutzel from INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM and I’ll see you again next week with another update
- The 10 COMMANDMENTS for PEACE OF MIND, control, power and influence if your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care
- What could be the cause if my critically ill loved one is removed from an induced coma but still hasn’t woken up?
- My 80 year old father is in Intensive Care with Myeloma! The Intensive Care team HAS ASKED ME TO SIGN A “DNR” AND I REFUSED! What are MY OPTIONS?
- The 3 most dangerous mistakes that you are making but you are unaware of, if your loved one is a critically ill Patient in Intensive Care
- The 5 questions you need to ask when the Intensive Care team is talking about “Futility of treatment”, “Withdrawal of life support” or about “Withdrawal of treatment”
- HOW TO STOP BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY THE INTENSIVE CARE TEAM if your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care!
- 5 POWERFUL THINGS YOU NEED TO DO IF THE INTENSIVE CARE TEAM IS NEGATIVE WHEN YOUR LOVED ONE IS CRITICALLY ILL IN INTENSIVE CARE!
- My Mum has been diagnosed with STOMACH CANCER and is in ICU ventilated. CAN I TAKE HER HOME on a ventilator?
- The questions you need to ask the most senior doctor in Intensive Care, if your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care
- How long does it take for my critically ill loved one to be taken off the ventilator and have their breathing tube/ endotracheal tube removed
- Why you must make up your own mind about your critically ill loved one’s situation in Intensive Care even if you’re not a doctor or a nurse!
- The ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM or HOW THE INTENSIVE CARE TEAM IS MAKING DECISIONS whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care!
- MY PARTNER IS IN INTENSIVE CARE ON A VENTILATOR! THE INTENSIVE CARE TEAM WANTS TO DO A TRACHEOSTOMY AND I WANT TO HAVE HIM EXTUBATED! WHAT DO I DO?
- 5 ways you are UNCONSCIOUSLY SABOTAGING yourself whilst your loved one is CRITICALLY ILL in Intensive Care and HOW TO STOP doing it!
- How to make sure that “what you see is always what you get” whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care
- 5 Ways to have control, power and influence while your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care
- Family overjoyed as top court rules doctors must seek consent before taking a patient off life support
- How to make sure that your values and beliefs are known whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care
- My loved one has HIV, lymphoma on his brain, seizures, septic and is ventilated! The Intensive Care team is trying to TAKE MY HOPE AWAY and they are all NEGATIVE! HELP!
- MY PARTNER IS IN INTENSIVE CARE AFTER A BLEED ON A BRAIN! WE ARE WORRIED THAT THE INTENSIVE CARE TEAM WANTS TO SWITCH OFF THE VENTILATOR! HELP!
- HOW TO DEAL WITH A DIFFICULT INTENSIVE CARE TEAM, WHEN YOUR LOVED ONE IS CRITICALLY ILL IN INTENSIVE CARE!
- What the doctors and the nurses behaviour in Intensive Care is telling you about the culture in a unit
- How to take control if your loved one has a severe brain injury and is critically ill in Intensive Care
- How can I be prepared, be mentally strong and be well positioned for a Family meeting with the Intensive Care team?(PART 1)
- How can I be prepared, be mentally strong and be well positioned for a Family meeting with the Intensive Care team?(PART 2)
- The four DEADLY SINS that Families of critically ill Patients in Intensive Care CONSTANTLY MAKE, but they are UNAWARE OF!
- My HUSBAND had a HORRIBLE work accident and went into CARDIAC ARREST! Will he be PERMANENTLY DISABLED
- Why decision making in Intensive Care GOES WAY BEYOND your critically ill loved one’s DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS!
- The 4 ways you can overcome INSURMOUNTABLE OBSTACLES whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care!
- How to get PEACE OF MIND, more control, more power and influence if your critically ill loved one is DYING in Intensive Care!
- The 5 QUESTIONS you need to ask, if the Intensive Care team wants you to DONATE your loved one’s ORGANS in an END OF LIFE SITUATION!
- MY PARTNER IS IN INTENSIVE CARE ON A VENTILATOR! THE INTENSIVE CARE TEAM WANTS TO DO A TRACHEOSTOMY AND I WANT TO HAVE HIM EXTUBATED! WHAT DO I DO? (PART 1)
- How MEDICAL RESEARCH DOMINATES your critically ill loved one’s diagnosis and prognosis, as well as the CARE and TREATMENT your loved one IS RECEIVING or NOT RECEIVING
- WHAT WOULD YOU DO if you knew that you COULD NOT FAIL, whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care
- How the Intensive Care team is SKILFULLY PLAYING WITH YOUR EMOTIONS, if your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care!
- My father is in Intensive Care ventilated with LIVER FAILURE and KIDNEY FAILURE, I DON’T THINK HE WILL SURVIVE! HELP
- HOW TO GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION TO HAVE PEACE OF MIND, CONTROL, POWER AND INFLUENCE WHEN YOUR LOVED ONE IS CRITICALLY ILL IN INTENSIVE CARE!
- My father has been weaned off the ventilator in Intensive Care and still has the Tracheostomy in. When can the Tracheostomy be removed?