Hi, it’s Patrik Hutzel from INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM ,where we INSTANTLY improve the lives of Families of critically ill Patients in Intensive Care, so that you can have PEACE OF MIND, real power, real control and so that you can influence decision making FAST, even if you’re not a doctor or a nurse in Intensive Care!
This is another episode of “YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED” and in last week’s episode I answered another question from one of our readers and in last week’s question Aatish asked
You can check out last week’s question here.
In this week’s episode of “YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED” I want to answer another question from one of our readers and this week Jarrad from Canada asks
“My brother is in ICU after he had a CAR ACCIDENT and he’s NOT WAKING UP! HELP!”
my name is Jarrad and my brother got in a horrible car accident June 23, he is in ICU and is recovering slowly.
He is still in a coma but he twitches his eyes a little bit and moves his arm he has a Trachea tube and I really need some answers. I came across your hotline looking at other peoples stories on YouTube.
My brother has a broken arm, a broken tail bone, 9 broken ribs a pelvis injury and swelling in the brain. He is 34 yrs old I do not know why he has the trachea tube and I don’t know about a prognosis.
He has had surgery and I’m pretty sure there is something measuring his brain pressure not completely sure but I think there is. How long do you think he will be in a coma for? The doctors say he is stable and he can breathe on his own, it’s just they have the ventilator on because he threw up while they were cleaning him up and some of it got in his lungs so it was a precautionary measure. I just want to know when he will wake up!?!?
I’m very sorry to hear that your brother is in ICU after such a horrible car accident.
Just from what you describe, especially with 9 broken ribs, the Intensive Care team might have inserted a Tracheostomy because they anticipated a prolonged ventilation time, therefore a Tracheostomy is easier and it’s also safer to wean your brother off a ventilator.
It’s something you also need to ask the Doctors and the nurses.
Generally speaking you need to ask the Intensive Care team(Doctors and Nurses) as many questions as possible. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
I can’t tell you for sure when your brother will wake up and I have some articles here that will help you in your and your brother’s situation. Check out those articles by clicking on the links
Also, as I said before, make sure you ask the Intensive Care team as many questions as you can. It’ll give you a good idea about what’s happening.
You’re welcome to ask questions here as well of course.
It does make sense that he has a Tracheostomy if he vomited and they had to protect your brother’s lungs.
Also, as it relates to your brother’s pressure in his brain, check out those two links here and it’ll give you more insights
Make sure you ask the Intensive Care team whether they think the brain injury has caused or will cause some brain damage. Also check out this article here about how long it might take to wake up after a brain injury.
- THE 10 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT SEVERE HEAD OR BRAIN INJURIES (INCLUDING TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY AND STROKE) IN INTENSIVE CARE THAT YOU MUST KNOW, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR CRITICALLY ILL LOVED ONE ISN’T WAKING UP OR IF THE INTENSIVE CARE TEAM IS SUGGESTING A POOR PROGNOSIS OR EVEN WORSE, IF THE INTENSIVE CARE TEAM SUGGESTS A “WITHDRAWAL OF TREATMENT” OR A “LIMITATION OF TREATMENT!
I hope that helps Jarrad!
Please let me know if you have anymore questions!
Sincerely, your friend
How can you have PEACE OF MIND, control, power and influence whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care?
You get to that all important feeling of PEACE OF MIND, CONTROL, POWER AND INFLUENCE when you download your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” report NOW by entering your email below! In Your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” report you’ll learn quickly how to get PEACE OF MIND, real power and real control and how you can influence decision making fast, whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care! Your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” Report gives you in-depth insight that you must know whilst your loved one is critically ill or is even dying in Intensive Care! Sign up and download your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” REPORT now by entering your email below! In your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” REPORT you’ll learn how to speak the “secret” Intensive Care language so that the doctors and the nurses know straight away that you are an insider and that you know and understand what’s really happening in Intensive Care! In your FREE report you’ll also discover
- How to ask the doctors and the nurses the right questions
- Discover the many competing interests in Intensive Care and how your critically ill loved one’s treatment may depend on those competing interests
- How to eliminate fear, frustration, stress, struggle and vulnerability even if your loved one is dying
- 5 “killer” tips& strategies helping you to get on the right path to PEACE OF MIND, control, power and influence in your situation
- You’ll get real world examples that you can easily adapt to your and your critically ill loved one’s situation
- How to stop being intimidated by the Intensive Care team and how you will be seen as equals
- You’ll get crucial ‘behind the scenes’ insight so that you know and understand what is really happening in Intensive Care
- How you need to manage doctors and nurses in Intensive Care(it’s not what you think)
Thank you for tuning into this week’s “YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED” and I’ll see you again in another update next week! Make sure you also check out our BLOG section for more tips and strategies or send me an email to [email protected]ne.com with your questions!
This is Patrik Hutzel from INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM and I’ll see you again next week with another update!