Hi, it’s Patrik Hutzel from INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM , where we INSTANTLY improve the lives of Families of critically ill Patients in Intensive Care, so that you can have PEACE OF MIND, real power, real control and so that you can influence decision making FAST, even if you’re not a doctor or a nurse in Intensive Care!
In last week’s PODCAST I featured Anthony Bartl, a young man who has been ventilator dependent with Tracheostomy since the age of 6 after a horrible accident and he is now living at home with a good quality of life!
You can listen to Anthony’s incredible and inspiring story here!
In this week’s PODCAST I want to feature Lorette Gijsbers from “Family centered Intensive Care”!
Lorette Gijsbers is an experienced Intensive Care Nurse and she is the founder of the Linkedin group “Family centered Intensive Care”!
Lorette is an extremely passionate Intensive Care nurse which has shown in her award winning work with Family centred Intensive Care!
Listen in this Podcast how Lorette and her group “Family centred Intensive Care” is doing ground breaking work for Families in Intensive Care!
Listen to Patrik and Lorette when they talk about
- why Patients and their Families in Intensive Care want be understood and not “just another case”
- why organisations who understand their customers best deliver the best customer service and why that’s applicable to Intensive Care Units as well
- Why many Patients and Families in Intensive Care suffer from PTSD(Post-traumatic stress disorder) and why most Intensive Care Units ignore it
- Why psychosocial and holistic care are extremely important and the next evolution in Intensive Care, including the after care after discharge from ICU
- Why it’s a big dilemma for health professionals in Intensive Care that they have no idea what’s happening to Patients after their stay in Intensive Care and why this leads to a myopic view about ICU due to not knowing what’s happening after critical illness in Intensive Care!
- Why Ex-ICU Patients and their Families are a vehicle towards after ICU care
- The importance of www.ICUsteps.org as standard literature for health professionals in ICU, as well as standard literature for ex-ICU Patients
- It’s all about humanising Intensive Care
- Why Intensive Care needs a paradigm shift from “what’s the matter with you”, to “what matters to you?”
- More and more Families wanting to be involved in decision making
- The power of vulnerability and how it reduces burn-out rate for staff in ICU and improves care for Patients and their families
- How simple but profound things like introducing yourself can make a big difference for Patients and their families in a hectic and stressful Intensive Care environment
- More and more Patient and Family centred care and approach is needed, as part of a global movement
Here is how you can contact Lorette
Here is also a link to a previous interview that Patrik and Lorette recorded
How can you QUICKLY have PEACE OF MIND, control, power and influence whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care?
You get to that all important feeling of PEACE OF MIND, CONTROL, POWER AND INFLUENCE when you download your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” report NOW by entering your email below! In Your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” report you’ll learn quickly how to get PEACE OF MIND, real power and real control and how you can influence decision making fast, whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care! Your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” Report gives you in-depth insight that you must know whilst your loved one is critically ill or is even dying in Intensive Care! Sign up and download your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” REPORT now by entering your email below! In your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” REPORT you’ll learn how to speak the “secret” Intensive Care language so that the doctors and the nurses know straight away that you are an insider and that you know and understand what’s really happening in Intensive Care! In your FREE report you’ll also discover
- How to ask the doctors and the nurses the right questions
- Discover the many competing interests in Intensive Care and how your critically ill loved one’s treatment may depend on those competing interests
- How to eliminate fear, frustration, stress, struggle and vulnerability even if your loved one is dying
- 5 “killer” tips& strategies helping you to get on the right path to PEACE OF MIND, control, power and influence in your situation
- You’ll get real world examples that you can easily adapt to your and your critically ill loved one’s situation
- How to stop being intimidated by the Intensive Care team and how you will be seen as equals
- You’ll get crucial ‘behind the scenes’ insight so that you know and understand what is really happening in Intensive Care
- How you need to manage doctors and nurses in Intensive Care(it’s not what you think)
Thank you for tuning into this week’s “PODCAST” and I’ll see you again in another update next week! Make sure you also check out our “YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED” section where we answer your questions or send me an email to [email protected] with your questions!
This is Patrik Hutzel from INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM and I’ll see you again next week with another update!