Hi, it’s Patrik Hutzel from INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM , where we instantly improve the lives of Families of critically ill Patients in Intensive Care, so that you can have PEACE OF MIND, real power, real control and so that you can influence decision making fast, even if you’re not a doctor or a nurse in Intensive Care!
In this episode of the INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM Podcast I interviewed Andy from the UK!
Andy’s partner was in Intensive Care just before Christmas 2014 and she was admitted with a massive brain bleed!
Andy his partner’s family were initially told that they have to prepare for an “end of life situation”, as they were told it was “highly unlikely” that his partner would survive!
Andy reached out to INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM and we were able to help Andy and guide him in the right direction and not buy into the “doom and gloom” of the Intensive Care team!
Here is a link to Andy’s question that we published earlier this year.
In this week’s Podcast interview, I interviewed Andy so that he can share his whole story so that our listeners can get perspective on head and brain injuries and also about perceived End of life situations!
Andy’s story is once again another inspirational story of strength, courage and determination when it comes to critical illness in Intensive Care!
It’s another inspirational story to show that doing your own research pays dividends and it’s another inspirational story that Families of critically ill Patients in Intensive Care always, always have to question the “perceived power” and the “perceived authority” of the Intensive Care team!
Listen to Andy’s story here
So come and listen to Andy’s story where he shares
- Andy’s partner went into ICU one day after a massive bleed on her brain
- Andy’s partner went for brain surgery the same night after admission into Intensive Care
- A few days after the surgery, Andy and his partner’s family were told that his partner will not wake up and that they need to prepare for an end of life situation
- Andy and his partner’s family were told that it’s “in the best interest” of his partner to have the ventilator and life support turned off
- Listen to why different medical teams had different opinions
- Andy felt like he was kicked in his guts but he didn’t give up hope
- Andy reached out to INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM
- Andy’s partner was in ICU for 21 days and then went on to Rehabilation
- Andy’s partner is also a kidney Dialysis Patient and requires regular Dialysis
- Andy’s partner was initially very confused and in her own world when she finally “woke up”
- Where Andy felt let down and what Intensive Care Units need to improve on
- What Andy wishes for the future for families in ICU
- Andy’s partner was in ICU with a shoulder fracture that wasn’t diagnosed for 5 weeks
- Andy describes the poor bedside manners of some doctors and nurses in Intensive Care
- Andy vividly describes the story from his partner being on her death bed to rehabilitation to going home soon!
- Andy now believes that the brain can repair itself
- Why Andy was shocked that at such a young age the Intensive Care team wasn’t trying harder initially!
- The Difference between ICU and after ICU from Patrik’s point of view
- Andy never lost faith and encourages other families to do the same!
- Going from “switching off the machines” to going on to rehab
- How Andy is coping besides having a full time job and being with his partner every day in hospital
- Listen to how you can overcome any challenge and build massive resilience if your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care
Listen to Andy’s story here
Other recommended resources:
- THE 10 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT SEVERE HEAD OR BRAIN INJURIES (INCLUDING TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY AND STROKE) IN INTENSIVE CARE THAT YOU MUST KNOW, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR CRITICALLY ILL LOVED ONE ISN’T WAKING UP!
- THE 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW IF THE MEDICAL TEAM IN INTENSIVE CARE WANTS TO “LIMIT TREATMENT”, WANTS TO “WITHDRAW TREATMENT” OR “WITHDRAW LIFE SUPPORT” OR WANTS TO ISSUE A “DNR” (DO NOT RESUSCITATE) OR AN “NFR” (NOT FOR RESUSCITATION) ORDER FOR YOUR CRITICALLY ILL LOVED ONE!
- FOLLOW THIS PROVEN 6 STEP PROCESS, ON HOW TO BE POWERFUL, IN CONTROL, INFLUENTIAL AND HAVE PEACE OF MIND, IF YOUR LOVED ONE IS A LONG-TERM PATIENT IN INTENSIVE CARE OR IS FACING TREATMENT LIMITATIONS IN INTENSIVE CARE!
- PEACE OF MIND, CONTROL, POWER AND INFLUENCE EVEN IN THE MOST CHALLENGING OF CIRCUMSTANCES THAT YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR CRITICALLY ILL LOVED ONE COULD POSSIBLY FACE IN INTENSIVE CARE
- THE FAST LANE FOR PEACE OF MIND, CONTROL, POWER AND INFLUENCE WHEN YOUR LOVED ONE IS CRITICALLY ILL IN INTENSIVE CARE!
How can you QUICKLY have PEACE OF MIND, control, power and influence whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care?
You get to that all important feeling of PEACE OF MIND, CONTROL, POWER AND INFLUENCE when you download your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” report NOW by entering your email below! In Your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” report you’ll learn quickly how to get PEACE OF MIND, real power and real control and how you can influence decision making fast, whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care! Your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” Report gives you in-depth insight that you must know whilst your loved one is critically ill or is even dying in Intensive Care! Sign up and download your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” REPORT now by entering your email below! In your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” REPORT you’ll learn how to speak the “secret” Intensive Care language so that the doctors and the nurses know straight away that you are an insider and that you know and understand what’s really happening in Intensive Care! In your FREE report you’ll also discover
- How to ask the doctors and the nurses the right questions
- Discover the many competing interests in Intensive Care and how your critically ill loved one’s treatment may depend on those competing interests
- How to eliminate fear, frustration, stress, struggle and vulnerability even if your loved one is dying
- 5 “killer” tips& strategies helping you to get on the right path to PEACE OF MIND, control, power and influence in your situation
- You’ll get real world examples that you can easily adapt to your and your critically ill loved one’s situation
- How to stop being intimidated by the Intensive Care team and how you will be seen as equals
- You’ll get crucial ‘behind the scenes’ insight so that you know and understand what is really happening in Intensive Care
- How you need to manage doctors and nurses in Intensive Care(it’s not what you think)
Thank you for tuning into this week’s “PODCAST” and I’ll see you again in another update next week! Make sure you also check out our “YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED” and BLOG section where we answer your questions or send me an email to [email protected] with your questions!
This is Patrik Hutzel from INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM and I’ll see you again next week with another update!