Hi, it’s Patrik Hutzel from INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM , where we instantly improve the lives of Families of critically ill Patients in Intensive Care, so that you can have PEACE OF MIND, real power, real control and so that you can influence decision making fast, even if you’re not a doctor or a nurse in Intensive Care!
In this episode of the INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM Podcast I interviewed Professor Thaddeus Pope a US based lawyer and medical futility expert! Professor Pope is especially concerned with exploring the justifiability of private and public limitations on individual liberty, end-of-life medicine and public health ethics.
In this episode you’ll discover
- why technology advances faster than our values and why it’s a big issue in Intensive Care
- How End of life issues in Intensive Care impact on personal liberty and personal freedom
- Patrik and Professor Pope discuss consent of Families in Intensive Care in Canada, the USA, Australia and the United Kingdom when it comes to withdrawing or limiting treatment
- Why a Family’s opinion in Intensive Care is far more important than you think
- Why Health providers in the United States are very conservative
- Why “Obama Care” in the US is not all that revolutionary for Intensive Care Patients
- How an Intensive Care budget or insurance issues of Patients might impact on the clinical decision making process in Intensive Care
- Why a discussion about end of life issues and/or limitation or withdrawal of treatment in Intensive Care always needs to be a value based discussion
- What other Families in Intensive Care can learn from the Jahie McMath case in California
- How the media can help Families in Intensive Care
- Why there are short term facilities for brain dead Patients in the USA
- What Families can do in other countries like Australia or the UK if their loved one has been diagnosed as brain dead
- Why some Families want to opt-out of neurological testing for brain death and what alternatives are available
- Why Professor Pope is optimistic that the Internet is increasing transparency in health care
- Why conflict in Intensive Care is epidemic and what Families in Intensive Care can do about it
- Why discussions about perceived Quality of Life need to be value based
- Patrik and Professor Pope discuss recent cases from the UK where Patients have been “made NFR” (Not for resuscitation) without Family consent and why it’s an illegal practice
Sincerely, your Friend
How can you further leverage your level of power, influence and control whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care and how can you be in control of the situation?
You’ll get to that all important feeling of power, control and influence when you download your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” report NOW by entering your email below! In Your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” report you’ll learn quickly how to get real power and real control and how you can influence decision making fast, whilst your loved one is critically ill in Intensive Care! Your FREE ‘INSTANT IMPACT” Report gives you in-depth insight that you must know whilst your loved one is critically ill or is dying in Intensive Care! Sign up and download your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” REPORT now by entering your email below!
In your FREE “INSTANT IMPACT” REPORT you’ll learn how to speak the “secret” Intensive Care language so that the doctors and the nurses know straight away that you are an insider and that you know and understand what’s really happening in Intensive Care!
In your FREE reports you’ll also discover
- How to ask the doctors and the nurses the right questions
- Discover the many competing interests in Intensive Care and how your critically ill loved one’s treatment may depend on those competing interests
- How to eliminate fear, frustration, stress, struggle and vulnerability even if your loved one is dying
- 5 “killer” tips& strategies helping you to get on the right path to PEACE OF MIND, control, power and influence in your situation
- You’ll get real world examples that you can easily adapt to your and your critically ill loved one’s situation
- How to stop being intimidated by the Intensive Care team and how you will be seen as equals
- You’ll get crucial ‘behind the scenes’ insight so that you know and understand what is really happening in Intensive Care
- How you need to manage doctors and nurses in Intensive Care(it’s not what you think)
Thank you for tuning into this week’s “blog” and I’ll see you again in another update next week!
This is Patrik Hutzel from INTENSIVECAREHOTLINE.COM and I’ll see you again next week with another update!