The purpose of these pages is to provide simple explanations of everyday treatment and tests which your loved one may experience in an ICU. Those pages have been written by experienced Critical Care staff.
There is a long list of procedures which are carried out on Intensive Care Patients. However it is beyond the capacity of this site to list and describe them all. The information contained on these pages is general in nature and therefore cannot reflect individual Patient circumstances. If you are concerned or unsure about any procedures please ask the medical and nursing staff caring for your loved one to explain them.
Intensive Care Treatments:
- Admission of Your Loved One to Intensive Care
- Arterial Line Insertion
- Blood & Pathology Tests in Intensive Care
- Bronchi Alveolar Lavage
- Central Venous Lines
- Chest X-ray
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Electroencephalograph (EEG)
- Intravenous Catheter (IV Cannula)
- Non- Invasive Ventilation (NIV)
- Pressure Area Care
- Temporary Cardiac Pacing
- Urinary Catheter